The end of summer rhymes with the pear harvest and its delicious spiced jams, an easy and terribly fragrant recipe to spread and enjoy.
Choose pears that are not too ripe and why not those that have fallen to the ground ...
Ingredients for 2 kg of pears:
- 2 kg of pears
- 1 kg of caster sugar
- 2 cloves
- 2 pinches of 4 spice mixture
- 1 vanilla pod
- The juice of a lemon
Spiced pear jam recipe
The success of pear jam, seasoned with spices, depends a lot on cooking. Too much cooking will make the jam too thick, while the reverse will prevent the jam from setting properly with the sugar.
- Start by peeling and seed the pears,
- Cut the pears into pieces and put it in a salad bowl,
- Add the spices, the vanilla pod, the cloves and cover with sugar,
- Mix delicately so as to have a homogeneous mixture,
- Leave to macerate for 3 to 4 hours.
With a jam basin, a casserole dish, a large saucepan or a pot,
- Pour the mixture of pears, sugar and spices into the container,
- Add the lemon juice,
- Bring to a boil then cover, leaving a very light boil (do not cook over a too hot heat)
- Cook for about 30 to 35 minutes
- You can see if the jam is set if it freezes when placed on a plate taken out of the freezer.
- Remove the vanilla bean
- Pour the pear jam with spices into the jars, close them and turn them until completely cooled.
Your jams are ready to be tasted, bon appétit!
- Read also : cultivate and maintain your pear tree
- To discover : All pear-based recipes