You have a festive meal to prepare or the irresistible desire to treat yourself, here is the recipe for gougères with two cheeses and fennel seeds.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Ingredients for 2 people:
- 200 gr of chewed up
- 60 gr of emmental grand cru
- 60 gr of Fourme d'Ambert cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. coffee seeds fennel
- 40 gr of butter
- 55 ml of water
- 65 gr of flour
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- 1 dash of balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- baking paper
Recipe for gougères with two cheeses and fennel seeds
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (Th.7) and remove the baking sheet or rack from the oven.
- In 2 bowls, prepare the correct amount of water and flour. Take the eggs out of the refrigerator.
- Cut the fourme into small cubes and set them aside in a bowl.
- Grate Emmental and set aside in a bowl.
In a saucepan, heat the water, 1 pinch of salt and the butter. When this mixture boils,
- Add the flour all at once and mix vigorously with a wooden spatula.
- Lower the heat and dry the dough over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 min. about.
- The dough should not cook, but form a ball that comes off the pan well.
Off the heat, add the eggs 1 to 1, mixing vigorously. (If your arm hurts, it's perfectly normal!). Season with a little pepper and add the grated Emmental and the fennel seeds. Mix.
On the baking sheet,
- Place a large enough baking paper.
- Make small balls of dough and place a small square of fourme on each.
- You should end up with about 18 balls, about the size of a small ping-pong ball. Bake for 15 min.
While the gougères are cooking, rinse and dry the salad, then place it in a bowl. Add olive oil and vinegar, season lightly and mix.
Serve with the gougères right out of the oven.
Depending on the type of oven you have (rotating heat or not), it is preferable to supervise the cooking. Do not open too early, the gougères could fall back!
For those in a hurry, you can prepare just 1 large gougère. In this case, it is preferable to place it in a dish with high sides, well buttered.
Distribute half of the dough at the bottom of the dish, insert the small pieces of fourme and cover with the rest of the dough. Then count 20 min. Cooking.
If you don't have an oven, make a cheese omelette that you can enjoy with the salad. To do this, beat the eggs in a salad bowl, add the cheeses, the fennel seeds and season.
Heat in a hot pan with 1 knob of butter.