Waterzoï is a typical dish from northern regions, but whose flavor and great taste have allowed it to transcend borders.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 12 scallops
- 6 Lotte cheek medallions
- 500 g of fairly firm fish (boneless)
- 4 to 6 carrots
- 2 beautiful leeks
- 2 small turnips
- 1 branch of celery
- 2 beautiful onions
- 1 shallot
- 1 liter of water
- 2 tsp dehydrated fish stock
- 20 cl of dry white wine (optional)
- 25 cl of sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt pepper
Fish waterzooï recipe
The success of fish waterzooï lies above all in the quality of the cooking. As the fish are cooked quickly, we will start by cooking the vegetables and then the fish.
- Start by peeling all the vegetables then wash them
- Cut the carrots, turnip, celery and leeks into julienne (or pieces)
- In a large saucepan, melt a little butter and sweat the chopped onions and shallots
- Add the white wine then let reduce slightly
- Add the water then bring to a boil to cook the carrots, celery and turnips for 10 min
- Add the leeks and cook for another 15 min
- Clean the fish
- Add the fish with the vegetables with the 2 tsp of fish stock
- Leave to cook for about 10 minutes, the fish fillets must not fall apart
- At the end of cooking, skim if necessary
- Mix the cream with the egg yolk and pour everything with the vegetables and the fish
- You must have a bound sauce and a harmonious mixture
Once the seasoning is corrected with salt and pepper, you can serve the fish waterzoï with rice or steamed potatoes, it's delicious ...
Decorate the plate with a little coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Enjoy your meal !
Also to discover: chicken waterzoï