Here is a recipe, both flavorful and fruity, of shellfish (cockles, clams and clams) with raspberry butter.
You can easily duplicate the recipe with just one of these seashells or with others.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 kg of shellfish (cockles, clams, clams, etc.),
- 50 g semi-salted butter
- 1 shallot
- 5 cl of apple juice
- 100 g of raspberries
- A few begonia flowers, freshly ground pepper
Shellfish, raspberry butter
- Scrape and wash the shells.
- Peel, wash and chop the shallot.
- In a casserole dish, melt the butter, sweat the shallot in it.
- Pour in the apple juice, 3/4 of the raspberries and give 2 turns of the pepper mill.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Bring to a boil and place the shellfish. Toss, cover and cook over medium heat until the seashells open.
- Serve with the rest of raspberries and begonia flowers.
If you don't have any flowers, prepare the recipe just with the raspberries. You can also replace the raspberries with other red fruits such as blackcurrants and currants which will make your dish more acidic. Your shellfish can be served with a risotto or a puree of small early vegetables.
Butter / seasonal color
The color of the butters varies from pale yellow to dark yellow. This is not due to the addition of dyes: the color depends on the diet of the cows which differs according to the season, climate and soil. The intensity of the coloring depends on the pigment content (carotene and chlorophyll) in the forage consumed by the animal. Spring and summer butters are generally more colorful than winter ones because the grass in summer is rich in pigments.
Well-being and praire
The clam: From the shell family, the clam has a very high taste quality, very popular with seafood lovers. The clams are caught mainly during the autumn and winter period. They are rich in protein, iron and copper.
You can eat them at your leisure because they are low in calories.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: A. Roche